Sunday, May 6, 2012

First Blood

“Krista, quick, I’m going to need you in here. . .fast!” Confusion set in, but I jumped up and ran into the living room where Frank was playing with the girls just moments before. As my foot hit the first stair, the wailing began. Xian was hurt. Into my arms she was placed as I pulled her back to try and figure out what was wrong, blood was already seeping (I say seep, Frank says I’m being way too dramatic--Okay FINE, but there was blood and it was her first injury!)  from a cut across the bridge of her nose. First blood had  been drawn and Xian was not too happy about it.

For the past few weeks, Xian has become more and more mobile, no more can I refer to her as my little sloth. She turns and rotates her body around, lunges for toys, and even hops up onto her knees before face planting as she attempts to move forward. 





This instance, XO was sitting playing with her new favorite toy, a collection of nesting cups. She was so excited that she lunged forward, clocking herself square in the nose on a pile of the colorful cups. 






The crying quickly ceased and XO was all smiles again.

This morning as we were dropping XO off at school, Frank commented on how she had gotten bit on her eye by a mosquito. Upon closer inspection, the bite turned out to be swelling with a nice blue patch forming. Her other eye had a thin blue stripe all the way across-80’s make up throw back? Nope, another bruise. . .


So, it’s official, we have our first injury on our hands and although it appears to be a small one, time stood still and afterwards, XO was smothered in hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment