Tuesday, February 5, 2013

16 XO


I have not been great about cataloging XO’s milestones--I’ve been less than great about Sage’s. But this month, I thought I would give it a try. Frank and I were driving the girls to school when the conversation about language occurred. Xian appears to be lagging behind her peers in this domain. The discussion began with “I wonder. . .” and ended with “WOW!” XO is learning three languages: sign language, Chinese, and English. This already is a feat in and of itself but once we began counting off what she does know, we were amazed. Sooooo. . . here’s the list (that we are aware of).

English
hey

uh oh
doggie
mommy
dadda
up (even when she means down)
thank you
please
bye bye

binkie
Chinese --this is where it gets sketchy-we just don’t know all of what she is saying
mei mei (sister)
gou gou (dog)
lai (come)
xie xie (thank you)
bu yao (don't want)
JiJi (her best friend!)

Sign language
up
bye bye
thank you
more
want
yes
no

eat

No comments:

Post a Comment