Sunday, December 18, 2011

Miracle Cure


We’ve been struggling with reflux and massive gas cramps with Xian. Poor baby has a hard time staying asleep more than an hour at a time and often only gets 20 minute naps during the day. Off we went to the doctor hoping for a miracle cure. The answer: massage her belly 30 minutes before eating. I don’t know if any of you have children, but mine certainly is unwilling to wait once she decides she is hungry. It’s been a frustrating battle, knowing Xian is in pain and yet, hoping against all hopes that she’ll just go to sleep. Then, a miracle cure was placed into my hands: Gripe water. I tell ya, I was hesitant, but my friend, Allison, who shared it with me said it couldn’t hurt. So last night, I measured a teaspoon into the bottle and then left Xian to chew on her hands in her crib. 20 minutes later, not a sound was heard. 8 hours later, Xian still was sleeping! AMAZING! We woke her up to eat, then put her right back to bed. 11 hours of solid sleep isn’t too shabby. Of course, Frank and I didn’t sleep as we were constantly in her room making sure she was okay.  Now I’m placing an order to the states for the miracle cure.


Xian's passed out pose

No comments:

Post a Comment