Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bread

I love it.
Krista loves it.
We could probably eat ourselves out of a room filled with the amazing stuff.  In Taiwan, we are spared the extra kilos caused by bread-onslaught because it is not a common staple.  Arriving in France was beautiful. Bread, bread everywhere.

In Greece, bread is also everywhere but is often used to trick and torment the traveler. In my view, restaurants use bread as an offering to time.  Enjoy our lovely bread as you wait for the meal.  Some Greeks seem to agree but others slide fees into the bill.


From Greek Trip: Paleohora


One day, in an attempt to avoid both our increasing bread consumption and the extra cost, we thought to block the bread basket from the source. "No thank you, we don't want any bread tonight," we said as the waiter brought bread to our table.

"I'm so sorry, but the bread has already been cut for you," he replied.

If you can't beat 'em, eat all their bread

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize how much I missed bread until we were in Oregon and I took a 3rd piece of french bread at dinner :) After that I was sure to get my fill before we headed back to Taiwan!

    ReplyDelete